Wednesday, March 24, 2004

I suppose my claim of daily updates is now moot. To be honest, I haven't felt inspired enough to veer outside of my daily monotony and write about it. I don't have any coworkers to report on (unless you count the two cats and one dog that sleep around me while I work), and I don't really interact at the gyms beyond the polite chat about weather and such. That said, my week is pretty much summed up as follows:

Monday: Work, wonder about how to increase exposure to online journal, go to kickboxing class, write or read
Tuesday: Work, wonder where to submit rejected stories next, go to Gold's for circuit training, write or read
Wednesday: Work, try to expand HTML knowledge, go to kickboxing class, write or read
Thursday: Work, try to find new recipes for a household on the go, go to Gold's for circuit training, write or read
Friday: Work, putter around, go to acupuncture, go out for sushi.

I've been working on a satirish story for about a month. I think I've got the logistics of the plot worked out, but they're not whacked out enough to merit publishing consideration, and the characters are too carciciturish without any memoriable qualities. I've put too much time into it to toss it, and I've got nothing to work on in the meantime if I need to put it aside for awhile. Sigh. I need to get out more.

K has been at the toxiocology conference downtown most of the week. Apparently the best things about conferences are the free junk you get from vendors, hence her booty of stuffed monkeys (from companies specializing in monkey research), a stuffed dalmation (from a company specializing in dalmation research?), Japanese kites (from companies specializing in Japanese kite research?), a calculator, a ball that lights up and makes noise when you bounce it, and a squishy brain.

A class offered by the Community College of Baltimore County: Addicted to Love. I ought to attend this and make up a persona. The information delved from this class should be good for several short stories.

Runners up:

Hand dancing
Discover your soul mission
Hip hop dance (ages 8-12)