Wednesday, November 03, 2004

So more people cared about whether or not gays could marry than what's going on over in Iraq, the deficit, our jobs, our disaster of a healthcare system, or education? Explain this to me, you Bush voters. You care more about what a fucking person does in his or her bedroom than the state of this country? When your kid dies over in Iraq, when you lose your job or your healthcare, when your taxes go up and your favorite program cut because the third biggest expenditure in our budget is the deficit, when your kid gets shot at school, when the networks all show that titilating reality sex crap you claim not to watch (and your right-wing sugar daddy Rupert Murdoch airs), don't come crying to me. I already tried to help you once, and I won't get fooled again.

4 comments

4 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Gil said...

Terrible as it may seem, I'm in a good mood, and you pinpointed it. I tried to help the people who were too stupid to help themselves, and they rejected it. Now they're going to get what they deserve, and there is a certain poetic justice. Of course, I'm going to get what they deserve, too, but I'm in a much better position to weather the storm.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I hear you. Was it stolen or are people stupid, or was it a little bit of both? Hard to say. Will Bush be responsible for his mistakes this time around or will the media sugarcoat the reality on the ground (in Iraq, regarding our economy, our schools) another four years? Hard to say. But they're counting on us not saying anyway. They're counting on us to not rile the ranks and further divide our country. So we must, even as we throw up our hands and say, "reap what you sow, red fuckers," because if we don't now, come next election, the fix will be in yet again. Why change what has worked for them?

On another note, I'm glad you got away from the slippery timeshare men. Unfortunately, the rest of the country seems to have forked over their cash for the Days Inn furniture.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger agoraphobos said...

I think there's a big reality problem going on in this country, and it has little to do with religion. People think that gays marrying will ruin their lives, their country, the world though it won't affect their lives at all. They think that the war in Iraq is part of the war on terror and that we're getting those who got us on 9-11 but we're not. They think that the economy and the healthcare system are improving when they aren't. They think the tax cuts benefit them but don't bother to notice they are getting squeezed with higher state and local taxes, higher gas prices, higher college tuition, among other things. They think that we're a more secure nation when we're probably the most vulnerable we've ever been. They think Bush is a strong, determined, resolute leader when he's anything but. I think they think that everything else in the world is peachy and that what isn't is the so-called "moral values" in our society and liberals are responsible and they need Bush and the Republicans to protect them.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I agree completely, agoro. And we have Fox and CNN and the other toothless corporate media to thank for letting the administration's lies go unchallenged, lies that play all day long in Wal-Mart, auto centers, gyms, bars, airports, and every other place where Joe Blow goes about his life. If we ever needed a fourth network, it's now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home