From the Dept of Miscellaneous
Ugh, I had that stupid school dream again, the one in which it's my last semester or so at school and all my friends have already graduated and I suddenly have no one to room with, or even a place to stay, and I am desperately trying to create some sense of place. ie, making a home where there isn't one anymore. I thought once you "discovered" the meaning of your dreams you usually stopped having them. I guess the feeling of being "in transition" is still looming large with me. We were talking, since we had most of our basement hauled out last weekend, what we would do with the extra space. One answer was to leave it open; if we're planning to move within the next few years, why fill it up again with stuff? The other answer was to spend several thousand dollars converting it into a family room and transforming the current living room into a library. We would have much-needed space for entertaining but would be committing to staying here for an indefinite time. Since I don't want to commit to either option, I say we convert to the family room if it improves the resale value of the house substantially enough to eat the costs should we decide to beat it out of town. Ah, the joys of having it both ways.
Speaking of old friends, LLB and I will be having dinner with another SMC alum on Monday! LLB and I haven't seen each other in more than ten years, but I bet we haven't changed a bit! Should I dig up the pictures or should we just start anew? I know there are many blanks to fill.
Speaking of new friends, K and I will be having dinner with David this weekend. I plan to pepper him (contrary to popular belief, Maktaaq, not to eat him) with many questions about his new enterprise, a lovely store that sells eco-conscious furniture, coffee, and other goodies. Please take his survery if you get a chance; you might win yourself a $100 gift certificate to his new business!
I got up and there was snow outside this morning. I had really gotten it into my head that spring was coming, and this happens. I feel so betrayed. Any plans for the weekend, friends? Any suggestions on movies? After K and I have David for dinner, um, whatever, we would like to see a movie.
7 Comments:
Ah, now you HAVE to eat me, uh, MEET me, since you have committed it to writing!
Hmm, this whole conversation can go wrong on so many levels...but rest assured, I never back down from a challenge.
Jen: Truth be told, David would not be much of a meal. I think it's because all he ever eats is the blood of the living.
I can't wait to see you too, Jen! Yaaay! I doubt we've changed that much. :)
However, weren't we going to do Tuesday, and not Monday? Let me know...
I would like to become a vegetarian, but then I would have to eat only the blood of vegetables, like Bunnicula.
Hee hee, I loved Bunnicula!
Just thought i would say hi from Japan. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles of business home idea small work
for my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on business home idea small work
. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.
Post a Comment
<< Home