Saturday, May 21, 2005

The Loot

K took me to Ixia for dinner, a place I've always wanted to try. Ixia used to be Louie's Bookstore Cafe, but the owner of the Papermoon Diner bought the space and transformed it into an upscale urban restaurant, no jeans or t-shirts allowed. K had a couple of tiny mango martinis while I drank water like a good girl because of my cold (although I did get some complimentary champagne, it being my birthday). Our appetizer was a pan-seared sushi-grade ahi tuna. K got the filet mignon for dinner, and I ordered some crab cakes shaped like the cleaning tablets you drop into the dishwasher. (They actually tasted much better than that.) All in all, I was pleased with the selection and the ambiance, and our waitress was super-friendly.

I also got a used slide projector and a collection of slides from the 1967 Rosebowl parade. It is my dream to host slideshows once we get our basement refinished. My big present was a ghosthunting trip to Gettysburg in June. We're staying at the superhaunted Farnsworth House Inn. Apparently U.S. Confederate sharpshooters occupied the house during the battle of Gettysburg, where they used to fire at Union soldiers.

Some of you have asked what you can get me for my birthday, so I have take the liberty of writing down a few things here. For starters, I would much enjoy The World's Largest French Fry. It even has bean juice on it, for an added punch of fiber. Next, this Suitcase thrown from a limo into the river looks mysterious. Of course, who could pass up the unique opportunity of writing on this guy's nuts. Finally, in the vein of my ghost obsession, Hideous Doll Found in Creek is Tormenting My Family would do the trick.