Thursday, July 29, 2004

Gold's Inferno


Ugh, now I can't blogger from the version of IE on our desktop, so I'm on the laptop. The lengths I will go to keep you informed of my whirlwind life.

K and I have been using the tanning facilities at our gym. It's an odd sensation, after working out, to stand sweaty and naked in a litttle light room and cook like a Thanksgiving turkey while permeating the air with burnt flesh.

I have the beginnings of sunburn in places that have not seen the sun since I was getting my diaper changed in public--my butt cheeks, the half moons of my breasts...I lay in bed and night feeling a bit raw and wondering whether I will ever have the perfect copper color that all the gym rats have.

Beauty is so painful.

While I'm in the tanning chamber I pretend I'm some sort of cyborg whose protective steel-morph layer is being gamma-rayed on, and when I leave the biosynthesis chamber I will fight crime or something. Which brings me to the next topic of discussion: choice of superpowers. K would like to be invisible, which I think is kind of useless without the ability to penetrate solid objects. I mean, just because you're invisible doesn't mean you can walk through walls. I still think flying is the way to go. Birds are probably better aviators than we are drivers, so I don't think I'll mind sharing the skies with them.

When I am not a cyborg I usually pray that I don't suddenly become claustrophobic.

Percentage of cyborg daydreams: 2
Percentage of claustrophobia daydreams: 98


2 comments

2 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I've enjoyed my visit to this post, but I'm not sure it's what I was looking for. I was actually searching for articles on how to cook lobster - these search engines are weird! Just thought I'd say hello while I'm here :0)

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could understand how doing a search for how to cook chicken got me to this post. Not that I mind, you understand Jen. It's just that I don't think it's exactly what I was looking for :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home