Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Everybody's on Vacation Except for Me and My Monkey

I drove K to airport this morning; she'll be in the Keys until Monday. David and Crumblord are in Scotland as we speak, and Lady Litblitz just returned from New Orleans a few weeks ago. And all I got was this crummy blog entry. Any vacation plans this year, fellow bloggers?

I watched an a story on TLC on the BTK killer a few nights ago (and was surprised that Paige Davis didn't pop in at any time). BTK was an avid churchgoer, a boy scout leader, and a highly respected man in the community. And of course, the Wisconsin shootings happened at a church function this week. Someone on another blog raised a good question—if video games and rap music are often blamed for so many shootings, how come religion never receives the same scrutiny? More people have probably been killed in the name of religion in our lifetime than turf wars, empire and innercity included. Also, why are there so few serial/spree killers that are women? Women do kill, but the crimes are more passion-related (often husbands and children are the victims). Do women tend to personalize their relations to the world whereas men's relationships are more societal and conceptual-related?

Anyway, I'm sitting tight, awaiting your postcards.

4 comments

4 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

House party! Woo hoo.

I'm going to Chicago for a long weekend next week. Ever been there? If so, do you have any suggestions?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Oh, that's right---you're seeing that band (can't remember the name). I've never been to Chicago, although I've always wanted to go. You have amigos that live there, right? Have a slice of pizza for me.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said...

Gosh, Blogger's acting bad. Ugh.

My vacation was too short, I fear. Quite a whirlwind. Don't worry Jen, soon your day will come!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Gil said...

Didn't you just go to New Mexico? Anyway, here's your postcard: Dear Jen, how are you? I am fine. Wish you were here. Love, David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home