Here Comes Peter Cottontail (and That Crucifix Dude)
Happy holidays to everyone this weekend! By the way, how the hell did the resurrection of a Christian deity morph into a visit from an egg-wielding bunny? Nonetheless, earlier in the week we went to Ostrewskis and bought a couple of kielbasa links and some krishinkis (I think that's what those areâpowdered angel wings), and tomorrow we will be staying at the Ramada in Salisbury because my mom's house is the size of a shoebox. (Did I mention that last Christmas I had to sleep in a sleeping bag in her walk-in closet?) Actually, small houses are good things. If the house had any spare rooms you know I'd be tucked away in one of them reading and not socializing.
Which was one of my resolutions this year, to treat every visit with every person as if it were my last. I had a small health scare this week that I'm visiting the doctor for on Wednesday (it's one of those bad left-side pec muscle pulls/walking pneumonia/angina take-your-pick type of pain. Hell, let's throw in GERD for good measure). Anyway, with that in mind, I'm definitely going to spend quality time with everyone. You just never know what could happen to you or to the people you love
And also with Terri Schiavo in mind. What a terrible situation for everyone. It's too bad people can't take a step aside and realize that both parties are suffering instead of shouting venom and death threats at each other. What kind of society have we become? Excuse me, we have always been that kind of society, and we never learn, so we always will be. So much for enlightmentment.
Speaking of resurrection, it turns out that Roxy Music is back together and may record another album. Wow, any chance to hear Bryan Ferry croon "Pyjamarama" at some overpriced concert venue in the near future will be like like heaven for me. I wonder if he's growing back that hideous moustache he used to have in the seventies?
Speaking of heaven, am I the only one who has been secretly enjoying William Shatner's album Has Been? I especially like his duet with Henry Rollins, "I Can't Get Behind That."
5 Comments:
Like (mostly) everything else, blame it on the Roman Catholics...
Yeah, I wonder about the Easter bunny thing too. It's definitely weird. And doesn't have much to do with what the holiday is supposed to be about.
Jen, I'm sorry to hear about your pain. I'm sure it's nothing... but with a pain like that, they won't see you sooner?? I hope you feel better too and good thing you don't have to sleep in a walk-in closet!
I've been thinking of the Terri Sciavo thing a lot too. It bothers me on so many different levels. But if any good has come of it, I think it's that people are really understanding the importance of having a living will. Just outline what they want done in black and white and outline who they want making the decision too.
William Shatner... a duet with Rollins? Oh my God...!!!!
Everyone's gettin' pneumonia these days, it's the in thing.
Happy weekend, Jen. As for me, tomorrow - today? - I get to drive to Scranton and pretend to be Catholic so my grandmother doesn't tell me I'll burn in hell. I love the kooky old woman, so its no big :)
ps - you bought a William Shatner album? Wow.
Mal, do you have it? I didn't actually pay money for it; I've downloaded it (shh). I figure Shatner's royalties from Star Trek and monies from Priceline have him set for life.
Post a Comment
<< Home